Saturday, August 21, 2010

Day 1 My Best Friend

My darling Erin,

You can not possibly have any idea how much you mean to me, and how much I value you being in my life despite all the things we've been through. I will never understand how you can continue to be my best friend in spite of the fact that you've seen me in my lowest moments, watched me make some of the worst choices and royally mess up my life, to the point where I pushed you away. And yet you always welcomed me back with open arms, making me feel like the prodigal son, this just makes it so evident to me how big and generous your heart is, how incredible and caring of a person you are. Even though I've screwed up time and time again, and you've watched me destroy myself you've never left me, you're always supportive. There are many moments we've shared that I'll never forget, me trying to convince you to tell me who you liked in 6th grade by using your sleep talking as a weapon, hanging out at FMT concerts, random church events, and how distant we were in high school. And then college came, I grew up and started acting (a little) more responsible and you welcomed me back not only into your life but into your home, and now we're roommates. This past year has been the best of my life, and I attribute a good huge chunk of that to you, how goofy and creative you are, how much fun we can have doing absolutely nothing and yet laughing our butts off at 3am for no reason. You're the kindest person I know, you always put others before yourself and I commend you for that because sometimes I can be selfish, you try so hard to be the best person you can be and in my book you're the top, the bee's knees. I am so sorry for all I've ever done that's hurt you or made you angry, I am trying so hard from this point on in our lives to be the best friend I can possibly be for you, because you deserve the best. I have to thank you profusely for the times when you've held my hand when I needed you to, and helped me take steps in my life that I don't think I could have done alone, I know that the place I'm in right now with my relationship with God and with myself is because of how you've helped me and been a shining example throughout my life, you've done more for me then anyone else I know and I am so blessed to have you in my life and I will never loose you again, no matter where we are or what we go through, be it living in different countries, or marriage, or hardships, because we've proven time and time again that our friendship will last no matter what hits us. You truly are my sister and my best friend, through thick and thin. I love you Erin, don't you ever forget that you wonderful wonderful girl.

Love, your Ames
P.S. WE GET TO LIVE TOGETHER














No comments:

Post a Comment